23 March 2010

Review: Claire de Lune By: Christine Johnson

Title: Claire de Lune
Author: Christine Johnson
Publisher: Simon Pulse, 256 Pages May 18th 2010
From: Author/Publisher - Thank you!

Synopsis: Torn between two destinies?

Claire is having the perfect sixteenth birthday. Her pool party is a big success, and gorgeous Matthew keeps chatting and flirting with her as if she's the only girl there. But that night, she discovers something that takes away all sense of normalcy: she's a werewolf.

As Claire is initiated into the pack of female werewolves, she must deal not only with her changing identity, but also with a rogue werewolf who is putting everyone she knows in danger. Claire's new life threatens her blossoming romance with Matthew, whose father is leading the werewolf hunt. Now burdened with a dark secret and pushing the boundaries of forbidden love, Claire is struggling to feel comfortable in either skin. With her lupine loyalty at odds with her human heart, she will make a choice that will change her forever?

Review: 4 Stars - Claire de Lune was so unlike any other werewolf book I’ve read in the past. There were many things that shocked me about this book, but all in good ways. I don’t want to give too much away so I’ll try hard to be spoiler free.

Things start off pretty quickly and never waver or slow right through the last page. On Claire’s sixteenth birthday she finds out she’s a werewolf. Just as she thinks she’s figuring things out, figuring out who she is. she comes to find out that her life will never be the same again.

The struggles of being a teen come through strong along with the struggles of her coming to terms with what she’ll change into at each full moon. Claire questions things, but really deals with everything pretty well for all she’s facing.

The strained relationship with her mother will be one that many teens can relate to and understand. It was great to see that relationship change throughout the course of the book. Claire first love – Matthew and their budding romance was nice and sweet and fresh. Through this you could see Claire come more into whom she was as a teenage girl and a new werewolf; something she really struggles to come to terms with on both counts and how she’s able to find balance between the two vastly different sides of her life.

With a threat – of a rogue werewolf hanging over her and her fellow pack members heads, she has to learn fast how to survive in a world that knows that werewolves exist and those who want to capture and cure them. That part was shocking for me to see just how everyone reacted as werewolves coexisted among humans, though no human really knows the true identity of who the werewolves are, I would have liked to hear a bit more about that back story, to see when and how the world found out about them.

There’s a little bit of everything in this book. Paranormal, romance, angst, mystery, danger…. Just the right amount to make this story flow from page to page. Johnson had me hooked from page one and didn’t waiver her storytelling in the slightest. She’s an author to keep an eye out for. I can’t wait to see what she gives us next.

FTC Disclaimer: I did not pay for this book, nor have I been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

2 comments:

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love