05 April 2010

Title: At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3)
Author: Jeaniene Frost
Publisher: Avon, 352 Pages (December 30, 2008)
From: Amazon

Synopsis: Some things won't stay buried . . . at grave's end


It should be the best time of half-vampire Cat Crawfield's life. With her undead lover Bones at her side, she's successfully protected mortals from the rogue undead. But though Cat's worn disguise after disguise to keep her true identity a secret from the brazen bloodsuckers, her cover's finally been blown, placing her in terrible danger.


As if that wasn't enough, a woman from Bones's past is determined to bury him once and for all. Caught in the crosshairs of a vengeful vamp, yet determined to help Bones stop a lethal magic from being unleashed, Cat's about to learn the true meaning of bad blood. And the tricks she's learned as a special agent won't help her. She will need to fully embrace her vampire instincts in order to save herself—and Bones—from a fate worse than the grave.

Review: 4.5 stars - First off - I have to say that I love this series and the third book didn't disappoint at all! And before I go any further, if you haven't started this series yet, you should soon because you don't know what you’re missing!!

Cat and Bones have done it again in this one. Talk about a wild thrilling ride that just kept going right through to the last page. There were a couple parts in the book that shocked me, that I didn't want to believe - making me eager to keep turning the pages. Yet at the same time I was worried what might be lurking around the next corner for one of my favorite couples.

The snark that I've come to love from these two was there from the beginning. I mean for me it wouldn't be Cat and Bones if there wasn't any snark or witty comebacks from the two.

In this chapter of their story someone wants both of them dead and it's a race against the clock to not only find out whom but to beat them to the punch. It was kind of a shocker who the villain was, but it really gave some great twists and turns that I didn't see coming. Because of this enemy after them, Bones comes together to form a formal alliance with his Grandsire - Mencheres to create a stronger front to attack and defeat this said uber villain.

Like I mentioned above there was some shocking things that happen and one was so huge that I'm surprised the pages could hold it. It was hard to read because of the pain that the characters were going through, but really kind of fit because at some point even the hero has to take a knock.

The one person in this series that continues to grate on my last nerve is Tate. I mean get a life already! It's time to move on buddy! The scenes with Justina - cat's mom are always ones I look forward to. Her one liners and come backs are great, but it's always fun to see who will put her in her place. Usually Bone's gets to take on that roll and let me tell you... he knows just how to push her buttons. Really, through does Justina not deserve it pretty much all the time?

All in all it was another great book in what's fast become one of my favorite series. I read the first two books back to back last year... and just have been putting off reading this one because I didn't want to have to wait as long for the fifth book. I haven't read the forth yet and not sure that I will until the fifth book is out. Well see if I have that kind of will power.

So, if you haven't read this series yet, get up and go get them now, or order them now! You won't be sorry!

FTC Disclaimer: I DID pay for this book and have NOT been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

5 comments:

  1. Hey there! You have a beautiful blog and I love your reviews (",) ... thanks for visiting Obsessed! and letting me know about yet another awesome site :)

    The Night Huntress series is one of my favorites ... I can't get enough of Cat and Bones, and how awesome the two of them are together! Also, Tate gets on my nerves too, lol ... he is SUCH a pain ... seriously, is it not obvious that Bones is going NOWHERE and Cat would freaking hunt him down if he did anyway, lol ... he has zero chance, and just needs to move on, before he pushes Bones over the edge and gets himself killed :o

    Justina is just hilarious! I couldn't stand her in the first book, how controlling and manipulating she was over Cat and how she made her give up Bones (GGRRRR)... bbbut, honestly, she just gets funnier with every book :) One of my favorite scenes is the one in book 2 where her and Bones have the argument in Cat's apartment, when he tells Justina they're getting back together, I couldn't stop giggling!

    I'd read book 4 if I were you :) ... it ends quite nicely, doesn't leave you desperately drooling for the next one. Also, if you haven't read First Drop of Crimson, and read it before book 4 (which is set right before it), I can't remember exactly, but I think there are some references to WHY exactly Cat and Bones just need to be Left Alone and Not Disturbed on their holiday, which is why Spade deals with Denise.

    Speaking of which, I really really like Spade ... and Ian :D ... a book about Ian would be fan-freaking-tastic!

    HeHe, okay, I really am crazy about this series, in case you couldn't tell! Now that I've just about written an entire essay, have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God he is so sexy and charming. I have to say Ian is fast becoming one of my favorite Frost characters next to Bones. Love love love this series.

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read the first two books in this series, but I haven't gotten around to reading this one yet. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it! Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I saw that you left a comment on my blog, and I'm returning the favor. :) Looks like you have a pretty awesome blog! I'm your newest follower!

    http://addicted2reading4evr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. HeHe, no no, what I meant was read book 4 first, then First Drop of Crimson, or First Drop might give some things away :) First Drop happens right after book 4.

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love