11 January 2013

Review: Through the Ever Night By: Veronica Rossi

Title: Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)
Author: Veronica Rossi
Publisher: HarperCollins, 352 Pages (January 8th, 2013)
From: the Publisher
Format: ARC
Add to: Goodreads
My review: Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1)

Synopsis: It's been months since Aria last saw Perry. Months since Perry was named Blood Lord of the Tides, and Aria was charged with an impossible mission. Now, finally, they are about to be reunited. But their reunion is far from perfect. The Tides don't take kindly to Aria, a former Dweller. And with the worsening Aether storms threatening the tribe's precarious existence, Aria begins to fear that leaving Perry behind might be the only way to save them both.

Threatened by false friends, hidden enemies, and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night?

In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and dystopian elements to create a captivating love story as perilous as it is unforgettable.

Review: 5 Stars - Veronica Rossi, the author of Through the Ever Night, the second book in the Under the Never Sky trilogy is the epic continuation that picks up at the conclusion in book one. Without skipping a beat Rossi takes the strength of her characters and the amazing writing from the first book into the second making this installment as good… if not better!

Aria and Perry are both fighting for the same thing - a safe place to live for everyone away from the threat of the dangerous Aether storms that are growing far more lethal every day. Perry is now the Blood Lord of the Tides and has a lot to handle if he’s going to keep his people alive. Aria wants the same thing yet is being pushed harder for a different reason.

The story is told in alternating points of view, something I love and while reading I really felt for what both Aria and Perry were going through. Perry is torn and struggles to find his footing as the fledgling leader of his people and knows that Aria’s presence is going to create trouble for his status as the Blood Lord. It creates more trouble than either would have thought and Aria knows she must do something she doesn't want to do in order to save Perry and his people from any further turmoil within the Tides.

The journey they both take together and separately in the story showed just how much the characters have and continue to grow. This growth is thoroughly captivating and brilliantly written which says so much about Rossi as an author and her plans for the overall story and characters. It’s one of the many things I love about reading these utterly fantastic books.

The secondary characters have also made a lasting impression on me. Roar, what’s not to love about him. He’s funny, protective and stands by Perry and Aria through everything and always. He has his own mission and yet doesn't waver from what he’d do for the people he cares about most. And Liv wasn't in the first book, but she’s a strong enough character through the stories of the other characters to make her feel like one. And thankfully we get a chance to meet her and I love her even more. Another secondary character who has made a lasting impression on me is Cinder. He’s presence is sprinkled throughout both books and yet never forgotten. That poor guy has a role that I’m scared to see what might happen next for him.

The story and plot never let up. There’s never a chance to question anything or even feel as if there’s something missing. Rossi has found a way to seamlessly tell a story about a world with such vivid use of words that it’s without a doubt a book(s) that hands down, are a must read.

Without a doubt Rossi is an auto-buy for me. She’s got everything a good story needs and has magnified it into something so much more than a good book or story. Her characters and the world they live in have layers that she takes the time to peel back and expose for the sake of a better story and I for one am thankfully for the depth she’s provided for her readers to receive the best experience they can.

All in all, I loved it. I love everything this trilogy has to offer. It’s easily one of the best books I've read of 2013 and we’re only a few days in. I look forward to finding out the conclusion to Aria and Perry’s story to see what happens next in their quest for the Still Blue. I highly recommend these two books to anyone who’s looking for a story that has everything to make a lasting impression because that’s exactly what happened with this reader. You won’t be sorry, and come back to tell me how much you loved it later. Enjoy!

FTC Disclaimer: I did NOT pay for this book, nor have I been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this HONEST review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

4 comments:

  1. I'm reading this right now and I agree with everything in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the first book so I'm so glad to hear this one is just as good or better. I really like alternating points of view and I think they work great for Perry and Aria as I want to know what they are both thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book! In a different way, the second book, Through the Ever Night, is just as good. I was so lucky to be able to read both of them early. You're definitely going to want to continue this series!

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love