31 July 2014

Review - Before He Was Famous By: Becky Wicks

Title: Before He Was Famous (Starstruck #1)
Author: Becky Wicks
Publisher: Becky Wicks Books, 279 pages (May 25th 2014)
From: Netgalley
Format: e-book
Add to: Goodreads
Order a copy: Amazon, Amazon UK

NOTE: This is a "New Adult" novel. Due to mature content this title is recommended for ages 17+
Synopsis: One guy, one girl. One in the spotlight. One in the shadows.

Falling in love with your best friend isn’t always a great idea, especially when he’s Noah Lockton - the sexiest, most famous new talent on the planet. When 21-year-old small-town photographer Chloe Campbell is offered the chance of a lifetime – to join her celebrity childhood friend Noah on tour as an exclusive blogger for a New York magazine – she’s certain both have put what happened four years ago behind them. But his eyes still burn; his voice is still a jackhammer to her heartstrings; all his songs are about her. Is it possible that that night still haunts them both?

The music industry is a machine, spinning hype and rumors as much as his records. It’s not just Noah’s girlfriends who’ve got it in for Chloe (there’s no stopping the Twitter-obsessed, cat-loving pop-star Courtney Lentini for starters). Pretty soon, the jealousy and media frenzy surrounding these so-called-friends takes a life-changing turn and it seems making love means making enemies at every turn. When tragedy threatens to pull the final curtain on their relationship, both Chloe and Noah must make a choice. As much as this world leaves them starstruck, is living their dream really worth living without each other?

A story of lifelong friendships, love and hope, set in a world of celebrity, fame and social media gone very, very wrong.

Review: 4 stars - Once again a story about reality television grabs my attention. I hate reality television normally- be it Big Brother style, talent shows etc but once again I found myself engrossed by the story. I wasn’t sure what to expect from Before He Was Famous, but having read another of Wick’s books; a collaboration with YA author Sarah Alderson (The Extraordinary Life of Lara Craft). I hoped for great things, and was not disappointed.

Chloe and Noah have been best friends since Chloe wandered into Noah’s house after hearing him playing guitar and singing.

They have been through a lot together including the death of Chloe’s father. Noah has always been there to support her.

When Noah is chosen to take part in television talent show “Show Us What U’ve Got” Chloe is there supporting him every step of the way.

Chloe gets a job offer to be a photographer’s assistant in New York and moves from Boulder, Colorado to live with Noah in New York. Noah’s fame helping Chloe on her way to success. When her new boss finds out she is friends with Noah; Chloe is tasked with covering Noah’s tour on an exclusive blog.

This job is a learning curve for Chloe. She learns what lengths paparazzi photographers go to get the ‘perfect’ shot and how easily the media can twist what is said/seen. Chloe is thrown into the public eye, when she really never wanted the fame. That was always Noah’s dream.

I love the Peter/Pan relationship between Noah and Chloe. I wish they had the sense to tell each other how they feel. Although if they had, the story wouldn’t have been as lovable. I did find myself shouting at Noah especially at times- stupid boy!

Before He Was Famous is a story of lifelong friendship, first love and how you should always trust your heart.

I can’t wait to read more from Becky Wicks in the future and hope that at some point she might tell us what happened to Noah and Chloe after Before He Was Famous- did they have a happily ever after?

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

1 comment:

  1. This is actually in my TBR. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I love the sound of this one.. I've been looking for contemporary reads lately. I'm picking this up soon.
    Thanks for the great review!

    Precious @ Fragments of Life

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love